We all know that Minnesota is the best state in the country – we have amazing outdoor recreation, gorgeous scenery and extremely “nice” residents.
Did you know, however, that both our violent and property crime rates are below the national median? Not only is Minnesota the 17th safest place to live in the United States, North Oaks made the list of the “15 Safest Cities in Minnesota” compiled from FBI data by home security system comparison site, SafeWise.
If you’re considering the purchase of a home in North Oaks, you’ll be happy to hear that the city came in at number 7 on the list. North Oaks reported no violent crime in 2012 and a very low property crime rate (6.59 per 1,000).
We know you’re curious to know who beat us on the list:
- Mountain Iron: A city of 2,869 residents, located in Saint Louis County, Mountain Iron had no property or violent crimes in 2012. Not one.
- Plainview: Another Minnesota city that registered zero crimes in 2012. Plainview is home to 3,340 residents and is located in southeastern Minnesota, in Wabasha County.
- La Crescent: Located mostly in Houston County, La Crescent’s 4,830 enjoyed a zero crime rate in 2012.
- Sleepy Eye: Sleepy town. This Brown County city of 3,599 residents experienced no violent crimes and the property crime rate is 1.94 per 1,000.
- Two Harbors: This Lake County city of 3,745 residents had a zero violent crime rate in 2012 and the property crime rate is only 4.26 per 1000.
- Deephaven: Yes, Deephaven beat out North Oaks as a safer city. Amazing, since it is so close to Minneapolis. Deephaven reported no violent crimes in 2012 and the property crime rate is 5.76 per 1,000.
Of course, we already know that North Oaks is a great place to live. Now we know it’s a safe place as well.
By the way, welcome to NorthOaksRealEstate.com!
“Crime Scene Do Not Cross” by Yumi Kimura/Creative Commons License